External Finance Director
Our comprehensive External Finance Director service will support and assist you with every aspect of your business. Numerical can take care of compliance but also act proactively seeking new systems and processes to help with credit control and cashflow. We can free-up administration time chasing suppliers and negotiating better buy prices. Outsourcing the financial management will result in an improved foundation for decision making, providing clarity and transparency with your figure enabling you to understand your business. We can identify risks, put in budgets and forecasts and help you set goals to achieve the most in your business. Our prices are tailored made and can start from as little at £400 + vat a month.
Under the Pensions Act 2008, every employer in the UK must put certain staff into a pension scheme and contribute towards it. This is called 'automatic enrolment'.
Whether you're a hairdresser, an architect or employ a personal care assistant, if you employ at least one person you are an employer and you have certain legal duties.
Numerical can run your payroll or work with your payroll administrator to assess you workforce and ensure full compliance with The Pension Regulator (TPR) . Failure to complete your declaration and make deductions could cost in excess of £400. Unsure of your staging date? Then click here
Under new HMRC rules, you must inform HMRC on or before you pay an employee. So if you run a weekly payroll, you have to submit 52 returns. Using our payroll service means that your staff are paid accurately and on time. It also means that all your legal obligations are taken care of.
- Check minimum wage to ensure your staff are paid at the correct amount of pay.
- Electronic or hard copies of payslips.
- P60s at end of year.
- P11d (employee benefit forms).
- Weekly, fortnightly, 4 weekly or monthly payrolls.
- Essential payroll tax calculations and completion of all monthly and yearly returns including RTI.
- Liaison with HMRC on your behalf.
- BACS payment of your employees if required.
- Personal support 52 weeks of the year from our staff.
If you are looking to change your existing payroll bureau, our systems will make the transition quick and easy for you, with no hidden charges.
Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
Under CIS, a contractor must verify and deduct 20% from subcontractor payments and pass it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). These deductions count as advance payments towards your tax and National Insurance bill for which monthly deduction statements must be provided.
If you don’t register for the scheme, contractors must deduct 30% from your payments instead.
- Ensure your subcontractors are verified to meet HMRC regulations.
- Generate monthly deduction statements showing payments made to HMRC.
- Ensure returns are made on time to HMRC, avoiding the £100 late submission fee.
- Monitor deductions to see if ‘gross status’ would help with business cashflow.
By fully reconciling your bank we can ensure every payment and every receipt is entered correctly on your VAT return. Your VAT returns will be reconciled, completed and submitted to HMRC on time, every time. Even if your business is not VAT registered we shall monitor the turnover of your business and calculate if and when you hit the threshold. We can then put provisions in place so the transition of going to a VAT registered business is quick, smooth and marketed in the right way to your customers.
Should you sell overseas we can also complete the EC sales lists and Intrastat declarations providing complete peace of mind.
All you will be required to do is send us your invoices and expenses each week, month or quarter and our bookkeepers will turn your ‘shoebox’ of receipts and invoices into a professional set of balanced books. Using a software package of your choice we can help your business to:
- Prepare and process sales invoices.
- Post and allocate sales receipts.
- Credit control and debt chasing.
- Process, code and post supplier invoices.
- Post and allocate supplier direct debit payments.
- Production of cheques in accordance with credit terms.
- Post and allocate supplier cheques.
- Analyse and post petty cash payments.
- Payroll / CIS journal entries.
- Depreciation journals.
- Interest journals.
- Accruals and prepayments.
- Bank reconciliations.
We want to bring order to your figures making the right ones grow and flourish. All transactions are accurately recorded in a consistent manner.
Numerical can provide monthly management reports to monitor how your business is doing on a month on month basis. Accountants prepare reports based, in part, on the work of bookkeepers, usually at year end. This means accountants can save you money after a full year has passed, we can streamline and make your money work for you as soon as we are appointed.
Xero Training / Setup
Our Xero training will empower you to understand all the features of Xero and how to use these to improve your business performance. We offer flexible Xero training to business owners that can be done over lunch or when it suits your schedule. Your one on one Xero training session can be for as little as one hour or as much as a full day. A one day course to get you on the right track financially.
- Online Xero training over Skype or webinar.
- Personal Xero training at our offices or yours, for business owners who learn better from individual face-to-face.
If you are currently using Xero and dont have the confidence that you are using it correctly or to its full potential then get in touch. We have monthly retainer packages allowing you to speak to one of our Xero certified advisors to review your data and offer monthly hint and tips to get the most out of the software package.
Software Kashflow, Receipt bank, MSExcel, Zoho, Sage…
Numerical have knowledge and experience of using a range of accounting software packages to suit your business. Get in touch should you want to switch to another package.